The Department of Biochemistry at SSPH & PGTI was set up when the Institute was established as a centre of national importance for Paediatric teaching, research and patient care in 2015.
To project the Biochemistry laboratory as a Referral Biochemistry diagnostic centre for Paediatric diseases. Routine Biochemistry and specialized tests including Hormones, Tumor markers, Vitamins and Therapeutic Drug Monitoring. Mandatory training of doctors and senior technician for internal audit for NABL will be achieved. We are committed to achieve reporting standard corresponding to International standard with six sigma level of accuracy and precision and shortest turnaround time for tests reporting.
Name of the Faculty
Dr. Usha Dudeja Bindal, MD
Dr. Usha Bindal is working as Associate Professor and Head in department of Biochemistry and has more than 14 years of experience in teaching, clinical and research work. She did her MBBS and MD ( Clinical Biochemistry) from prestigious MAULANA AZAD MEDICAL COLLEGE, (Delhi University ) followed by research observer ship in flow cytometry from prestigious DUKE UNIVERSITY , North Carolina, U.S.A. She has published more than 10 papers in many reputed international and national journals.
- Setting up Metabolic laboratory with facility of inborn errors of metabolic (IEM) disorders screening and diagnosis.
- Providing the facility of Electrophoresis and densitometry reporting.
- To develop a Molecular Biochemistry laboratory to perform analyses on the nucleic acids ( DNA or RNA )
- To provide conducive environment for interdisciplinary research program and various project works.
- To start fellowship and certificate courses in Clinical Paediatric Biochemistry