Over the past 20 years the perspective of Paediatric cardiac surgery has changed considerably worldwide from mortality over 20% to less than 2% for most procedures. When we compare western countries and their health care system with ours we find a considerable difference and it is mainly due to fact that there they started addressing healthcare needs of specific population groups separately for example they have different hospitals for general population & paediatric population , this helps in better treatment and research outcomes.
Till now in Northern India we have culture of providing health care services to all age groups under one roof and due to this the paediatric population remained largely underserved as they need high quality dedicated care which is not available at every centre this in turn led to overburdening of few centers and long waiting time and unfortunately most patients don’t survive that.
With a vision to meet the quality health care needs to this very specific age group the Govt. of Uttar Pradesh decided to start SuperSpeciality Paediatric Hospital and Postgraduate Teaching Institute at Noida. This institute provides all speciality and superspeciality services including Cardiac Surgery to paediatric population under one roof at very economic cost. In Delhi NCR region only AIIMS , New Delhi provides surgical treatment for complete spectrum of cardiac illnesses and that’s why it is severely over burdened with long waiting period. The department of Paediatric Cardiac Surgery at SSPH & PGTI is committed to provide quality surgical to all entire paediatric age group with minimum waiting period and very economic cost.
- To provide quality cardiac surgical care to whole paediatric population.
- Treatment with minimal cost and minimum waiting period.
Name of the Faculty
Dr Mukesh Kumawat (Additional Professor):
- Educational qualifications: MBBS, MS, M.Ch (CTVS)
- Completed his training in cardiothoracic and vascular surgery from AIIMS, New Delhi
- Worked as cardiac surgeon at AIIMS Bhubaneshwar, IMS –BHU Varanasi.
- Field of interest: Paediatric cardiac transplant, aortic surgeries, complex congenital heart surgeries, paediatric minimally invasive cardiac surgery.
- Has published many papers in reputed national and international journals.
Dr Dheeraj Sharma (Associate Professor-cum/or Senior Consultant):
- Educational qualifications: MBBS (Hons.) (Gold Medalist), MS (Gold Medalist), M.Ch (CTVS).
- Completed his training in cardiothoracic and vascular surgery from S.M.S Medical College, Jaipur.
- Completed special training at German Heart Centre, Munich, Germany in congenital heart surgery.
- Has received many awards throughout the period of medical education and has received gold medals at graduate and post graduate level.
- Has published many papers in national and international journals of repute.
- Reviewer of many reputed international and national journals.
- Field of interest: complex congenital heart diseases, paediatric ventricular assist devices.
- Open heart surgery for congenital heart diseases like: tetralogy of fallot, ventricular septal defects, atrial septal defects, DORV, Tricuspid atresia etc.
- Palliative surgeries: BT Shunt, central shunt, BD glenn, etc.
- Procedures for valvular heart diseases: valve repair, valve replacement.
- Surgeries for Patent ductus arteriosus(PDA), Coarctation of aorta, aortic aneurysms.
- Thoracic surgical services: decortications, lung resections, thymectomy, congenital diaphragmatic hernia repair etc.
- Surgeries for vascular malformations and related vascular disorders.
- Dr. Mukesh Kumawat: Every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
- Dr. Dheeraj Sharma: Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday
Courses/ Training offered
- To start facility of Paediatric minimally invasive cardiac surgery
- To start Paediatric heart lung transplant and Paediatric ventricular assist device implantation program.