Super speciality paediatric hospital and post graduate teaching institute is one of few dedicated and fastest growing all children hospital, with Paediatric gastroenterology as one of the important departments of the hospital.
Department has faculty specialized in different aspects of gastroenterology including endoscopic services. The department aims to provide comprehensive gastroenterology services to the patients up to 18 years of age. Faculty has participated in various national and international academic and research activity.
Name of the Faculty
Dr. Vikas Jain
Designation: Assistant professor
Qualifications: M.D, DM, PDCC. (Paediatric Gastroenterology)
Dr. Umesh Shukla
Designation: Assistant Professor
Qualifications: M.D, PDCC (Paediatric Gastroenterology),
At present the department is having 22 beds functional, with 6 beds intensive care and high dependency unit
Department is running daily OPD services.
Department has started endoscopy services since March 2017. Various endoscopy services include upper gastrointestinal endoscopy, colonoscopy, variceal band ligation, sclerotherapy, polypectomy, foreign body removal, esophageal stricture dilatation, PEG tube insertion etc.
Department has started various dedicated speciality clinics in field of Celiac disease, reflux disorders, luminal disease etc.
Courses/ Training offered
- Jain V; Srivastava A; Yachha, SK. et al. Autoimmune acute liver failure and seronegative autoimmune liver disease in children: Are they different from classical disease? Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol. Dec 2017; 29 – 1408–1415.
- Jain V; Yachha, SK, Eesh Bhatia et al. Concurrent extrahepatic autoimmune disorders: unexplored dimension of autoimmune liver disease in the children. Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2018 Aug;30(8):910-917. doi: 10.1097/MEG.0000000000001122
- Dewan P, Jain V, Gupta P et al Organochlorine pesticide residues in maternal Blood, cord blood, placenta and breast milk and their relation to birth size. Chemosphere 2013 Feb; 90(5): 1704-10
- Jain V, Poddar U et al. “Hirshsprung’s disease and buddchiari syndrome: A Rare association” Tropical Gastroenterology 2014; 35(4):256–258.\
- Poddar U, Jain V, Yachha SK, Srivastava A. Congenital duodenal web:successful Management with endoscopic dilatation. EndoscInt Open. DOI: 10.1055/s-0041-110955
- Jain V. Flukes of liver, lung, intestine in Textbook of Paediatrics for Postgraduates, Piyush Gupta, Editor-in-chief, 2015 Jaypee Brothers publishers, New Delhi (Book Chapter)
- To start ERCP facility and various GI investigatory procedures including esophageal and anorectalmanometry, sweat chloride, 24-hour pH metry will be started.
- The department is planning to introduce various teaching courses.
- We also look forward to promote high quality research in order to improve the management of children in field of Gastroenterology.