The Department of Paediatrics at SSPH & PGI was started in December 2015 to strengthen the basic pillars of child health like growth, development and immunization and do constant monitoring for detection of deviations at earliest stage when corrective measures can be instituted to ensure optimal outcomes. The scope of Paediatric Medicine services extend from specialized clinical services to overall wellbeing of children and adolescents up to 19 years of age. At present, the department provides outpatient consultation services& indoor facility for a wide variety of childhood disorders. In addition, we also provide round the clock emergency facility for very sick children presenting to our institute.We aspire to provide each child with an opportunity to grow, develop and enjoy the essence of childhood at fullest for his/her potential and not only the freedom from diseases.
Name of the Faculty
Dr. Dharmendra K Singh
Qualifications: MD (Paediatrics)
Special interest: Paediatric Hemat-oncology, HIV-AIDS and Infectious diseases
Dr. Bhanu K Bhakhri
Designation: Associate Professor
Qualifications: MD (Paediatrics), PDCC (Paediatric Endocrinology)
Special interest: Paediatric endocrinology & diabetes, public health and research methodology
On all working days from 9 am to 1 pm, to take care of children presenting with a wide variety of diseases, and to provide wholesome care to all children, including assessment of growth, development, nutritional status and immunization.
- Paediatric Diabetes clinic, every Monday 2pm
- Paediatric Endocrinology Clinic, everywednesday 2pm&
- Paediatric Asthma clinic, every Friday 2 pm
24 X 7 emergency services for very sick children, mechanical ventilation for children with respiratory failure, general wards as well as private ward facility, isolation wards available.
Courses/ Training offered
Submitted for consideration by Ethics committee
- Expansion of the department with additional faculty members, residents and technical Staff
- To strengthen Paediatric intensive care services, with the aim of providing world class care to the children of the region and adjoining areas.
- To introduce various teaching courses at the level of post-graduation and beyond in various disciplines of Paediatric Medicine.
- To promote high quality research in order to improve the quality of care for the children around the globe.