- The department is dedicated to provide the evidence based perioperative anesthesia care to the Paediatric age group.
- To develop an internationally recognised State of the Art centre for the delivery of scientific, safe and compassionate anaesthesia, pain management, and critical care services to children.
- To contribute to the advancement of the field of anaesthesia especially paediatric anaesthesia, pain and critical care by engaging in high quality teaching and training not only to doctors but to nurses and paramedics as well.
- To lead innovative and meaningful research by fostering a culture of continuous improvement, innovation and excellence.
Name of the Faculty
Dr Mukul Kumar Jain
Designation : Professor and Head of Department
Qualification : MBBS, MD
Special Interest : Paediatric Anesthesia, Neuroanesthesia, Difficult airway management, Pain Management
Prof Usha Kiran
Designation: Professor, Anaesthesia
Qualification: MD Anaesthesia, MD in acupuncture
Special Interest: Cardiovascular anaesthesia, stress management, spirituality in clinical practice, Raj yoga meditation training sessions for children and their parents.
Dr. Poonam Motiani
Designation : Additional Professor
Qualification : MD, DNB, MNAMS
Special Interest: Paediatric Anaesthesia, Oncoanaesthesia
Dr Ridhima Sharma
Designation: Assistant Professor
Qualification: MD Anaesthesiology
Special Interest: Paediatric Anaesthesia, Regional Anaesthesia and Obstetrics anaesthesia
- General OPD-
- Special OPD- PAC
- Other Services- OT
2017 – RAPACON, 1st Workshop on BLS and Basic Airway Skills
Courses/ Training offered
Department is in process to start the Fellowship in Paediatric Anesthesiology in near future.
- To cater to paediatric patients of all age groups ranging from the smallest newborn with a life threatening condition to the adolescent with any of the numerous childhood ailments.
- To provide range of clinical services including
- Perioperative care and surgical intensive care for general as well as specialized surgeries
- Sedation services for procedures inside as well as outside the OR
- Pain management including acute pain service for postoperative patients and management for chronic pain.
- To evolve customised protocol based plans for anaesthesia as well as critical care in order to provide to our patients the most effective, appropriate and comprehensive care possible.
- To develop training opportunities like postdoctoral courses for doctors and post diploma certificate courses for nurses.
- Paediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) course reinforces the systematic approach to Paediatric assessment, basic life support, treatment algorithms, effective resuscitation and team dynamics to improve the quality of care provided to seriously ill or injured children, resulting in improved outcomes. We aim to train all physicians, nurses, paramedics and others in the same.
- One year Fellowship in Paediatric Anaesthesia under the aegis of IAPA(2 seats) commencing February 2020.