What Is Plastic Surgery?
The term “plastic” is derived from the Greek word plastikos meaning to “change the shape or form of.” and has nothing to do with plastic material to be used, as is a common misconception, except, in some cases where other biosynthetic implants are used. Fundamentally, Plastic Surgery alters anatomy anywhere in the body in order to improve function, form, and often both simultaneously.
About The Department
The department of Plastic surgery aims at providing compassionate, individualized, complete care and education to children and families with acquired and congenital disorders, using updated evidence-based therapies.
We offer treatment for acquired and congenital problems of the head and neck, trunk and upper and lower extremities from conditions impairing function to appearance-related conditions with psychological effects. Multidisciplinary approach is offered in craniofacial surgery,burn and trauma reconstruction.
Patients up to the age of 18yrs are registered as new patients.
What We Do
We offer surgical and non surgical care to patients with following conditions
- Skin and soft tissue lesions such as moles, cysts, birthmarks and skin tags
- Scar revisions and closure of wounds after injuries
- Ear anomalies including Microtia, Anotia, Cup ears,and prominent/ bat ears correction
- Cleft Lip and Palate
- Paediatric cranial reconstruction
- Facial trauma
- Post burn reconstruction
- Rhinoplasty (nose correction )
- Vascular anomalies including hemangiomas, venous malformation, arteriovenous malformations and lymphatic malformations
- Obstetric brachial plexus injuries and peripheral nerve injuries.
- Breast and chest wall anomalies (e.g. Breast hypertrophy in females, Gynaecomastia/Male breast enlargement,extra nipples, Poland’s syndrome)
- Congenital hand and foot anomalies (e.g., syndactyly, polydactyly, amniotic band syndrome, hypoplastic thumb, trigger thumb, cleft hand)
- Hypospadias correction
- Tissue expansion
Monday to Saturday- 9 to 1pm
At present we have 4 beds functional in our department.
Courses / Training offered